Who We Are
Hope of the Delta is a Christ-based, life-affirming ministry and our mission statement is simple:
To serve Jesus Christ by empowering men and women to choose:
Spiritual life for themselves
Physical life for their babies
And abundant life for their families
Volunteers and staff strive to surround men and women with caring support, valuable education and lasting relationships as they become effective and healthy parents.
In order to meet the needs of as many men and women as possible, Hope of the Delta offers the following FREE services:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Limited Obstetrical Ultrasounds
- Verification of Positive Pregnancy Tests
- Education on Pregnancy Options
- Sexual Integrity and STD Education
- Prenatal and Parenting Classes
- Incentive Store
- Post Abortion Recovery Program
- Sexual Abuse Recovery Program
- Sexual Integrity and Pro-life Programs for Youth
- Men’s Ministry
Hope of the Delta operates through donations received from faithful churches and their congregations, generous individuals, community organizations and supporting area businesses. All donations are tax-deductible. It is through these partnerships that we are able to offer the treasure of hope to men and women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
We have centers in Pine Bluff, Stuttgart, and West Memphis with our Mobile Unit serving Arkansas, Desha, Lincoln and Saline Counties.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all he had and bought it.” Matthew 13:45-46
Statement of Faith & Belief
- The Child
- The Bible clearly teaches the humanity, personhood, intrinsic value, and divine creation of the preborn child.
- We believe life begins at conception.
- The Men and Women Seeking our Services
- They are people for whom Christ died; therefore, they deserve the Christian’s acceptance, love, and care.
- They are accountable to God for their choices about the pregnancy, their preborn child, their own lives, and their response to God.
- The Christian
- Each Christian has a divine obligation to protect the preborn child and promote the sanctity of human life.
- For the Christian to fail to protect the life of the preborn child is a sin.
- A Christian is called to minister through the church to the pregnant woman, the father of her baby, and their child.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God eternally existent, revealed to us in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life. He performed miracles. By His death on the cross, He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. That He ascended into heaven to the right hand of God, and He will return in power and glory to judge the world and complete His redemptive purpose.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He inspired men to write the Scriptures, enables men to understand truth, exalts Christ, convicts of sin, calls men to the Savior, and effects regeneration. We believe He empowers believers to live godly lives, comforts believers, and bestows spiritual gifts on believers by which they serve Him.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration (the conviction of sin, repentance toward God, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ) by the Holy Spirit is essential. Salvation is not the result of good works. “For by grace have you been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. We believe the saved are resurrected unto life everlasting and the lost are resurrected unto eternal condemnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of redeemed believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the scriptural importance of church membership.
- We believe all Christians are under obligation to seek to make the will of God supreme in their own lives and in human society. We believe it is our responsibility and privilege to minister to those who are orphaned, in need, and helpless, being careful to act with redemptive love without compromising our loyalty to Christ and His truth.